Update: To prevent the spread of COVID-19, in-person volunteer activity has been suspended throughout the entire organization.
We currently have a limited number of virtual, contactless volunteer opportunities available for volunteers with internet and phone access.
When we resume normal operations after COVID-19, you can volunteer on patient care units or non-contact assignments, as well as in key hospital areas.
As part of our application process, we require documentation of the following vaccinations: (Note: Virtual Volunteers will not need to upload vaccination requirements at this time, but will be required to update when onsite volunteering resumes)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) for volunteers born after 1957 - two doses or laboratory evidence of immunity are required.
- Varicella (chicken pox)- two doses, laboratory evidence of immunity, or medical diagnosis of history of varicella disease are required
- Pertussis - one dose is required.
- Tuberculosis test - negative skin test or negative chest x-ray is required. TB skin tests are provided free of charge through Harris Health Occupational Health Services.
- Influenza - one dose is required annually September - March. Occupational Health Services provides flu shots free of charge during the flu season.
Reminder:Please log-in to the Volunteer Portal to continue to manage this application and upload required documents.
Read more about our application process and requirements here or feel free to contact our office via firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-873-2227 should you have any further questions.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Harris Health!